Choose the best brush for your specific application. To prevent bacteria growth, synthetic materials are the best choice with high quality natural materials a good alternate. Our fine selection of bristles offers you a choice of solutions for any application.
- Nylon – Excellent abrasion resistance, shear/break strength, and bristle bend recovery. Very good chemical resistance and sustains temperatures up to 350°F. Best choice for abrasive, rough use.
- Tynex® A Nylon – DuPont filament with silicon carbide in each bristle is designed for use in general light scrubbing to heavy-duty scrubbing and stripping. Tynex® A Nylon cleans floors faster and reaches into grout lines for thorough cleaning.
- Polyester – Excellent chemical resistance, ultra violet light resistance, and bristle bend recovery. Very good abrasion resistance, and tear/break strength. Sustains temperatures up to 350˚F. Best choice for all around use and for extreme exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Polypropylene – Excellent chemical resistance to acids, oils, fungus, and bacteria growth. Good abrasion resistance, and shear/break strength. Sustains temperatures up to 225°F. Best choice as an economical synthetic foodservice alternative to natural fibers.
- Flagged Polystyrene – A specially treated type of Polystyrene that has excellent bristle bend recovery and tear/break strength. Very good chemical resistance and fine bristle tip design resists matting for use up to 180˚F. Best choice for floor sweeps andbrooms.
- Polystyrene – Has excellent bristle bend recovery and tear/break strength. Very good chemical resistance for general use up to 180˚F. Best choice for floor sweeps and brooms.
- Teflon® – Excellent heat resistance, abrasion resistance, and shear/break strength. Very good chemical resistance and bristle bend recovery. Sustains temperatures up to 500°F. Best choice for high heat uses.
- Horsehair – A natural pointed tip, good shear/break resistance, and soft cleaning properties. Good durability and excellent blending properties makes this an ideal choice for interior floor sweeps when blended with other fibers.
- Boar Bristle – Bleached and sterilized bristles can withstand temperatures of up to 500˚F. Double boiling process ensures integrity of bristles over long life. Natural taper and split ends of boar bristle make this one of the best choices for high heat basting.
- Bassine Fiber – Natural stiff and coarse fibers from India palms is a classic choice for heavy floor cleaning.
- Bass Fiber – Natural African Bass Fiber is coarse, stiff, and provides good flexibility for use in upright floor sweeps and as a blend with other fibers for other applications.
- Palmyra – Natural medium stiff fibers from India palms is an excellent choice for general floor sweeps. Provides good durability and bristle recovery
- Tampico – Natural Tampico fiber from the Mexican agave plant is a soft to medium soft bristle with very good durability. Good choice for finer floor sweeps and general cleaning scrub brushes.
- Stainless Steel Wire – Rust proof, excellent chemical resistance, excellent bend recovery, provides a high degree of abrasion and wear resistance. Best foodservice choice for aggressive cleaning on grills and other heavily soiled foodservice equipment.
- Carbon Steel Wire – Provides a high degree of abrasion and wear resistance. Good bend recovery. Best choice for aggressive cleaning on grills and other heavily soiled equipment.
- Brass Wire – Rust resistant, provides a high degree of abrasion but is softer than stainless steel or carbon steel to prevent equipment damage. For use on ovens, griddles, and other metal equipment that is heavily soiled but cannot sustain heavy scratches.
Teflon® is a registered trademark of E.I. DuPont DeNe mours & Co.,Inc. All plastic blocks and plastic bristles are made of FDA approved base resins.